2023 Summer Internship | Sales - Honolulu, HI
2023 Summer Internship | Sales
Who we are looking for: December 2023 or May 2024 graduates
Dates of Summer Internship: May 22nd – August 4th, 2023
The Southern Glazer’s Internship Program was established to develop the next generation of Sales, Trade Development, Operations, and Corporate leaders. Each summer, the program offers interns the opportunity to engage in career building activities while simultaneously learning and applying industry-leading practices.
This hands-on experience gives interns the chance to explore and understand the adult beverage industry. The knowledge gained from industry leaders will allow you to build a network of professionals within the beverage alcohol industry and here at Southern Glazer’s. Being a Southern Glazer’s intern means you’ll be invited to our Leadership Spotlight Series, a Community Service day exclusive to our intern class, as well as access to Professional Development workshops and trainings!
This internship will work closely with our Commercial teams to assist in utilizing trend data and consumer insights to evaluate SKU, brand, and category performance and trends. If our internship is in-person, some job duties would include grocery store resets, on/off premise sales overview, data analysis, reviewing Nielsen data, attending general sales meetings, and other marketing and administrative duties.
- Reside in the vicinity of the internship or have ability to obtain housing
- 21 years of age or older at the start of the internship
- Must be a Junior in college and graduating the following year Completing BS/BA in business, sales, marketing, communication, retail, or category management
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Teamwork approach to accomplishing goals
- Attention to details
- Self-starter & demonstrated leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
- Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 40lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.