Department: Accounting – General Ledger
Reports to: Controller
1. Job Purpose/Objective:
Roberts Hawaii is seeking a detail-oriented accounting professional to support the Controller in overseeing the reconciliation functions of the General Ledger Department, assisting with financial statement closings and implementing efficiencies to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of respective balance sheets and systems.
2. Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Billing and Accounts Receivable Supervisors to reconcile multiple reservations systems (e.g., FareHarbor, Hudson, and Coach Manager) to the Acumatica Accounting system.
- Oversee the reconciliation from the booking module to the invoice module of the respective reservation system, and the reconciliation from the reservation system invoice module to the specific General Ledger revenue accounts in the Acumatica system.
- Assist with implementing improvements of interfaces from the reservations systems to the Acumatica accounting system.
- Oversee the timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and record adjustments as required to properly reflect such account balances.
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g., Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) to direct and assist with their respective balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of various management reports and analyses to monitor overall financial performance.
- Assist in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices and ensures that accounting/finance and cost control activities are successfully implemented and meet overall objectives and required regulatory standards while improving efficiency.
- Assist with financial statement audits, closings and other General Ledger tasks, as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other duties, as assigned.
3. Essential Skills (Minimum qualifications individual must possess when entering position) – i.e. skillsets, education, certifications, etc.:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of relevant Accounting or Financial Management experience is preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses technology to improve productivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills to conduct formal meetings.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to develop effective solutions that consider efficiency, internal controls, and impact to financial results.
- Requires the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Requires a strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices, as well as a firm understanding of GL processing, and other relevant matters.
- Must be capable of reviewing GL accounts, reconciliations, suspense items, and other accounting-related transactions to identify issues and exposures relative to financial statement impact and internal controls.
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as needed or assigned
4. Working Conditions/Job Environment:
- Air-conditioned office
- Desk, chair, computer and phone
- General office equipment and supplies
- Exposure to potential eye and muscle strain due to constant use of computer
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Walking, standing, kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing
- Light lifting and carrying (40+ pounds)
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.