Senior GL Accountant
Reports to: Controller
I. Job Purpose/Objective:
The Senior GL Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Assist in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. The Senior GL Accountant will assist in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Be able to compile financial data to aid the Finance team in the preparation of Robert’s Hawaii financial statements and other financial reports.
II. Essential Job Functions:
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Performs advanced-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
· Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
· Ensure various accounts (e.g., investments, marketable securities, notes receivable, notes payables, leases, taxes) are properly reconciled monthly, resolving any reconciling items.
· Identify and participate in the resolution of issues in the financial accounting area such as allocation methodology or accruals.
· Assist in the implementation, follow through, and monitoring of operational controls and procedures which affect financial balances to ensure proper financial reporting. May require working with departments within and outside of the accounting department to ensure proper procedures and processes are in place so that required information is timely received by the department for month end closing.
· Generate and monitor daily operational cash flows, identifying cash balance needs and transfer requirements ensuring the most effective use of funds (i.e., interest earnings).
· Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Prepare audit work papers for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Assist in special projects.
III. Essential Skills (Minimum qualification individual must possess when entering position) – i.e. skillsets, education, certifications, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses technology to improve productivity.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
· Must be an excellent communicator, good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive feedback.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to utilize/manipulate programs – create spreadsheets and formulas, create charts, merge program data.
IV. Working Conditions / Job Environment
· Air-conditioned office
· Desk, chair, computer, and phone
· General office equipment and supplies
· Exposure to potential eye and muscle strain due to constant use of computer.
· Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
· Walking, standing, kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing
· Light lifting and carrying (40+ pounds)
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.