Civil Engineer II
Civil Engineer II
Corporate, 828 Fort Street Mall Suite 600, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America Req #93
Monday, May 23, 2022
Support the civil engineering team across a diverse range of civil, environmental, coastal, engineering investigation, and building projects. Should be comfortable splitting hours between the office and on-site visits. Also willing to work swing shift.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments including boats, beaches, in water, and secure government facilities.
- Performs construction observations, field investigations, regulatory compliance, and environmental sampling and creates daily documentation.
- Assist in the production of engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Perform calculations, prepare cost estimates, drawings, technical specifications, and write reports.
- Review government regulations and ordinances.
- Maintains detailed records of construction progress, changed conditions, and as built drawings.
- Prepares monthly estimates of quantity of construction completed.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, contractors, and consultants.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2 years required (5 years preferred) experience in the civil construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering, or related field.
- Engineer in Training certification preferred.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and drawings.
- Knowledge of construction practices and principles.
- Strong computer and internet skills required.
- OSHA training/certification and Hazmat experience are a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.