Seeking a Logistics intern to assist a local contractor in Kapolei! This role will be responsible for scheduling and managing services with customers and working with the production team to ensure that all paperwork and requirements are met to execute a project.
The role may require going out to the field from time to time to assist with the job site.
Logistics oversees the operations of the organization’s warehouses and all its warehousing activities ranging from the complicated logistics, to managing employees across the state of Hawai’i. They are responsible for but not limited to developing work schedules, inventory controls, dispatch and transportation of merchandise and the quality of goods in accordance with the description in the freight documents. Safety within all premises is critical and remains another major focus.
Reports to: Logistics Operations Liaison
Hours: (10-19 hours a week) Hours can be between 0800-1400 Monday-Friday
- Communicate with customers to schedule services
- Ensure accuracy of customer paperwork.
- Work closely with the production team.
50% Logistics Responsibilities:
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Directs and oversees all delivery service operations including scheduling drivers, ensuring timely delivery and compliance with all Company regulations and provide Regulatory Affairs with all required reports and logs (as applicable).
- Develops appropriate records and prepares reports required to manage the inventory of the warehouse and transportation; develops cost saving processes and increases productivity and efficiencies.
50% Management Responsibilities:
- Complies with all directives from corporate management concerning the Company’s position and obligations to operate in accordance with applicable local, state, and Federal regulations including FDA, DEA, OSHA, EEO, and DOL.
- Ability to multi-task at a very fast pace
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to many moving facets of the job
- Ability to make quick situational assessments and react accordingly.
- Requires leveraging leadership and a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Licensed to drive preferred
- Ability to travel locally
- Ability to lift and mobilize small to medium items, up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Ability to maneuver effectively around Gallery floor, stock room, and office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending, and climbing