Marketing and Communication
We are looking for students to assist our branding and marketing division to grow and take this to the next level. You will assist with the creative content, advertising strategies, market research, and creating organic content for our social media platforms, websites, and more. Producing and creating unique content that will explain to the customer how our company performs in this market and achieves great customer relations. Content will support the promotional needs of the business.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Hours: (10-19 hours a week) Hours can be between 0800-1400 Monday-Friday; additional hours can also be completed at home via zoom or as long as supervisor can verify work completed.
The Marketing and Communications Internship is a professional skills internship that assists the Director of Marketing and Communications in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Marketing and Communications Intern will work independently as well as with a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to publications, programs and events.
- Develop content for communications materials including newsletters, website, social media and blog
- Assist with the development of creative concepts and marketing strategies promoting the mission
- Assist with updating the website and social media as needed
- Implement and organize the file management system for photo and video content
- Staff events tables and assist with community engagement as needed
- Trade shows, Expos, Social events
- Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Graphic Design)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Experience using social media for marketing efforts
- Working knowledge of word processing program such as Word, PowerPoint and excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
- Self-motivated, organized and detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission