Direct Service Worker
Multiple openings in Honolulu, Hawaii Kai, the Windward Area, and in Waianae.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: To promote the individual growth of program participants in a safe and positive learning environment (either in a program or community based setting) with a focus on increasing the participant’s options, opportunities and community integration with daily life in support of Kahumana's mission statement.
- Provides personal care and assists with daily living activities (toileting, dressing, feeding, etc.) to participants while respecting the participant’s privacy and confidentiality. Ambulation and transfer by participants’ needs and plan of care as required and if necessary.
- Provides input on and implements the participant’s Individual Plan. This position will provide access to meaningful and age-appropriate activities for participants, give participants choice in activities, and assist participants toward personal independence through self-help, advocacy, social skill training, and coaching participants through challenging behaviors by using Positive Behavior Supports.
- Monitors and responds to the health and safety of participants by observing, addressing and reporting safety concerns or changes in health status, condition, and behavior to the supervisor. This position will participate in safety and emergency drills and training, implement safety procedures and immediately report suspected abuse and neglect as a mandated reporter and as per ESH procedures.
- Timely and accurately completes all participant-related documentation regarding participants’ goals, programs, and activities, risk management, participant records including billing data entries, etc..
Minimum Education & Experience Equivalent To:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent
- Behavioral management training and/or experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is highly preferred.
Job Candidate must successfully clear and maintain background check clearances through:
- FBI Criminal reports
- Department of Justice, Hawaii Criminal Justice, Office of Inspector General.
- Drug Test
- Must have a valid First Aide/CPR certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour